Ultimate Guide To Bodyweight Exercises For Your Home Workouts
Benefits of Working Out at Home
Almost everyone tries to go to the gym at least a couple of times each week or to run in the park. But unfortunately, in modern life, people feel tired and they no longer want to go to the gym and do something there. Fitness classes at home can be a great alternative for such people.
Most importantly, working out at home is full of advantages. Here are some of them:
- You will save time-wasting on the way to the gym.
- You will not have to pay for coach services or training by itself.
- You will be able to practice in comfortable clothes.
- It’s you who decides the time and duration of the classes.
- The class can take place whenever it is convenient for you.
- You can make your training program.
- If you are embarrassed to train in front of strangers, then home workouts will be an excellent solution for you.
- Variety of activities!
What Is Circuit Training And Why Is It Beneficial
Circuit training focuses on the whole body and burns calories effectively. Exercises should be performed sequentially with a minimum rest time between sections- up to 25 seconds. A circle can include up to 8 exercises. Each must be done for a while or with the required number of repetitions. Relaxation can be arranged between the circles. This creative and flexible workout method allows you to prevent diseases of the cardiovascular system, increase muscle strength, intensively burn calories and much more.
If you train at least three times a week, a general change will be noticeable within a month. It is better to track progress by measuring the waist, chest, hips: the numbers on the scales may not change, but visually the progress will be noticeable. This is important to motivate you to continue practicing.
Warm Up Or How To Start Exercising
The best way of starting any kind of exercise is warming up. A series of exercises at the beginning is aimed at warming up the muscles before any physical activity. It allows you to work out much more effectively, avoiding injuries and sprains.
Warm-up may include jumping rope, walking with raising your knees or jogging in place. Then you need to do particular gymnastics: rotation with your hands, arms, shoulders, head, etc. Now you can stretch for 2-3 minutes – stretch the shoulder joints, lock your arms behind your back and bend your upper body to the sides. Then you need to restore breathing. If there will be no physical exercise, the warm-up time can be shortened to 5 minutes.
Exercises To Replace Gym Workout
The accessibility and efficiency of exercises are what make it attractive. There is no need for barbells, dumbbells, or other exercise equipment. The fact that all muscle groups are involved with a low danger of harm to joints and ligaments is a major benefit.
If you want to have washboard abs, these 4 workouts are for you. A short but useful workout targets every part of your abs.
Side Lunges With Hip Abduction
- The back is straight with a slight bend, tilted towards the floor. Shoulders together, chest forward.
- Have a wide left step, bend the knee of the left leg by keeping the right one straight.
- Take a deep breath and gently shift your weight to your left leg and raise the left leg when you go right back.
- Repeat the same with the right leg.
- Try to keep your legs as wide as possible to get a good range of motion.
- Do three sets of 20 times. Rest between sets – a minute.
- Slowly lie down in a supine position (face up).
- Gether your knees, though they can be comfortably apart, fold your arms on the chest and tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Slowly raise your body off the floor for the beginning.
- Hold a second and return to the starting position.
- Do three sets of 10-15 times. Rest between sets – a minute.
- Lay down on your stomach. Tuck your toes under and into your toes.
- Next, lift your body from the floor.
- Keep up a straight body from heel to head by resting your weight on your forearms.
- Hold the position as much as possible.
- Make the exercise easier or harder by changing the position of your forearms.
Single Leg V-ups
- Lay down on your back face toward the ceiling with your arms and legs straight.
- Hold your arms straight ahead.
- Simultaneously lift one leg and raise your arm and chest as if you are trying to touch your toes, making a V shape with your body.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat the movement.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Begin on all fours, knees under your hips and hands under your shoulders.
- Hold one knee bent at 90 degrees and flex the foot as you lift the knee to the level of the hip.
- Lower your leg till your knee is a little below parallel to the floor.
- And repeat!
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Point your toes outwards just a little bit.
- Bend your knees and lower your body until your legs are parallel to the ground.
- Hold for a second then move your body back to the starting position.
Hip Bridge Hold
- Lay down on the floor with legs bent and arms at your sides.
- Lift your butt by pushing through your heels until your back and legs are aligned
- Hold this position as long as you can.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and hands on the hips.
- Stretch one leg out to the side, toes pointing in, then bend the other leg 90 degrees.
- Return to start and repeat.
These quick and easy exercises will effectively impact your glutes in a short time.
Say goodbye to your flappy arms with these helpful exercises.
Overhead Shoulder Presses
- Make sure your back is straight in the seated position. Raise your elbows and press your shoulders as far back as you can.
- So, keep your elbows back while squeezing your shoulders back as tight as you can as you bring your arms up to your head and back down.
- Put your hands together as if praying, elbows together at your chest level.
- Continue pulsating for about a minute while moving your arms up and down without opening your hands.
Small Arm Circles
- Sit or stand with your arms wide apart, palms to the ceiling, and elbows slightly bent.
- Make little circles in the air as quickly as you can for a minute, then reverse it for another minute.
- Bend over and stand tall until your fingerprints are on the floor.
- Walk your hands forward while keeping your legs straight until you reach a typical push-up position
- Finish the action by taking short steps to bring your hands back up to your feet.
- Stand with your feet wider than your hips and your feet slightly pointing out.
- Begin by bending your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor and your back is as straight as possible.
- Push yourself back up to a standing posture.
- Keep straight your upper body, with your shoulders back and relaxed.
- Step forward with one leg, lowering your hips until your knees are at a 90-degree angle.
- Return to the starting position and do the move on the opposite side.
- Stand in an upright position and keep your arms forward as you would do when running.
- Drive the knee up high over the hip and quickly bring it down.
- Remember to keep your knees high.
- Lie down on your back with your hands flat on the floor beside you.
- Bend your knees 90 degrees.
- Alternate straightening your legs and bringing them back to 90 degrees the same as when you ride a bicycle.
Tone up your inner thighs, quads and hamstrings with these easy and effective exercises.
Numerous apps currently offer premium training both for free and paid. The apps contain tons of workouts from strength to yoga. Most importantly, you can track the apps and choose the program from different levels and programs. The app gives you personalized options to help you reach your goals.
The list of top apps is not limited, but the best of them are the following:
- Workout Women
- Training club Nike
- Adidas Runtastic Workout – Home Workout
- EFIT workout tracker
- Workout abs, core and back at home from Fitify
Don’t forget about eating as the most vital aspect of healthy fitness. If you eat dumplings or fries after your training, it will not be beneficial for strength and weight training. Try to eat carbohydrate-rich foods in the morning (cereals and pasta) and protein-rich foods after lunch and supper (eggs without yolk, cottage cheese, veggies, and chicken/fish). Eat no more than 3-4 hours before going to bed, and drink a glass of water before meals. Remember that sugar and starchy meals are bad for your muscles, so if you don’t eat pizza, bread, sweets, and drink lemonades, you’ll become cooler.
The Bottom Line
Regardless of the type of fitness, workouts are aimed at the correction of body shapes, the pumping of muscles, the increase of energy, and the improvement of mood. For doing the exercises at home you need nothing but wishes. Training at home has many benefits as it will help you to save time and money. Furthermore, many of the possibilities for home video classes are available on the Internet.
And remember that the best weight loss exercises at home are those that you can do every day and have fun with them.
Enjoy your training.
The winter months can be a challenging time to stick to an exercise plan. Here are some tips to keep in shape over the winter festivities and all year round.
Considering intermittent fasting or a fasting diet? Learn the benefits of intermittent fasting and the intermittent fasting schedule you should use to live your best life.
Healthy living doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are simple wellness tips that are easy to incorporate into your daily life to improve your overall health and happiness.